Friday, August 24, 2007

Do They Have A Clue?

If you listen to the news and pay attention to what is going on in congress, do you wonder if they live in the same world as you? Americans have some key concerns that we voice loud and often. If you were to go on a tour of the US and ask people what are the big issues congress should be doing something about, you are probably asking the same question.
Here is an article that I found that gave me some hope.

What I’m Hearing
By John Boehner Thursday, August 23, 2007

There’s no better way to get a beat on what Americans are thinking than to get out of Washington, DC. I’m halfway through an 11 state swing in support of House Republicans that’s taking me to 18 different Congressional Districts throughout the Midwest. So far, the questions I’m hearing most are “who will secure the borders?” “Who has a plan to reduce gas prices and make us less dependent on foreign oil?” “Who will make health care more affordable?” And “who will defend America from the threat of terrorism?”
The voters I’ve met on my road trip want leaders with practical solutions to today’s problems and a commitment to securing America – but that’s not what they’re getting from the Democratic Congress.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home