Monday, March 31, 2008

New Toy - XV6800



The XV6800 is the follow up to the XV6700 and features a 2.8-inch QVGA touchscreen display at 320 x 240 resolution, Wi-Fi, EV-DO, Bluetooth with A2DP support, 2-megapixel camera, 64MB RAM, 256MB ROM, a slideout QWERTY keyboard and runs Windows Mobile 6 Professional. Expand your memory with included MicroSD slot.

I have been running on a PocketPC and a Cell Phone. Both high end when I got them but technology has advanced and I was looking to upgrade my two devices. I found them married together in this great phone. It goes anywhere and quickly gets me what I want to know. It is far easier to use than my laptop. It will never replace it, but get it done, now has a new partner.

I paired it up with the ultimate Bluetooth headset, the Motorolla S705 Sound Pilot.
Features :
Extensive range from Class 1 Bluetooth for up to 330 ft wireless connection. Remotely control your music; SKIP track, lower/raise volume, pause/play. Standard 3.5mm headset jack so you can use your favorite headsets or the ones included Built-in FM radio with RDS technology. View radio info, pairing status, and caller ID (name or phone number) on the display. Switch from music to call with the press of a button Removable shirt clip and adjustable lanyard. Works with any brand of Bluetooth-enabled compatible phone or music devices that support Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
Now I just need to get myself working with all this great stuff. I have been listening to music all day. The microwave adds a little interference, but I can wait a minute. My headset of choice is the Sony MDR-AS30, great sound reproduction and easy to wear.
If you are looking to upgrade and need file access, internet access, and great features for every purpose, this may be a great choice for you as well.
Additional perks: Easy software additions, HTC Home Customizer, functions as modem for laptop, and camera can do video.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupid question, here, but I can't get the headphones to stay on. What's your "secret" (re easy to wear Sony headphones). they do seem very cool, and with your comment, I want to keep them. thanks for any guidance.

6:27 PM, June 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The head phones out of the package are a little flat and could use some flexing. Remember these are behind the neck headphones. If you are not used to wearing this style it will be rather awkward.
It takes some time to get used to the feeling of them in your ear. I hurt after a couple of hours the first day but the sound was so good I had to keep trying. It took less then a week to get used to them and now I can wear them for long hours.
I recently acquired the non blue tooth wired adapter for the phone as well. This headset can be used with this as well. Now I can play music non stop.

6:37 PM, June 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try. Probably needs a how to video :*)
Thanks so much!

8:02 PM, June 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home