Thursday, October 30, 2008

Have You Been Preparing to Vote?

I am always doing a lot of reading. I am all over the net reading news, blogs, candidate sites, Talk-Radio sites, you name it I am there.

Not everyone agrees with me or should. I collect information both good and bad, and attempt to form an opinion based on what I learn. I am not the type who will accept someones opinion without doing the research to back it up.

I found myself in agreement with Thomas Sowell again this week. You may want to give his latest article a read. The home run piece of the article was this:
Suicidal fanatics cannot be deterred. If they are willing to die and we are not, then we are at their mercy-- and they have no mercy. Moreover, once they get nuclear weapons, that is a situation which cannot be reversed, either in this generation or in generations to come.
I have been saying similar things for years. He says it so well. He exposes the flaw in talks and negotiation so clearly. Is this what we have to look forward to? Perhaps the changes that policy such as this would bring, is really what we are voting on. I know this kind of wrong headed thinking will destroy the nation I love. Millions will die because BO doesn't get it.

Are you willing to take that risk?

Other articles of interest:
Obama's prime-time ad skips over budget realities -AP
Obama says change needed as McCain derides TV ad -AP
Palin calls for break from Bush energy policy -AP
Hot-button social issues highlight state ballots -AP
What Does That Make Me?
Joe The Plumber's Audacity To Hope MUST READ
Distrust Of Media And Polls Make Election Impossible To Predict

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home