Friday, October 17, 2008

The Truth Spoken Well

I stumbled accross a blog that spoke the truth so clearly I wanted you to read it too. Some Things Just Need to be Said and Huntly Brown says them well.

Why I Can't Vote for Obama

Dear Friends, A few months ago I was asked for my perspective on Obama, I sent out an email with a few points. With the election just around the corner I decided to complete my perspective. Those of you on my e-list have seen some of this before but it's worth repeating...
First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.
Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness. I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms He does because He is the leader.
I can't vote black because I am black; I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won't be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

Go Read The Rest - It's worth it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. I have sent his letter to everyone I know. Let's face it. The population wants fluff and stuff, vote Obama. If they want the real deal, Vote McCain. It's always easier to be a leader....

4:59 PM, October 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home