Saturday, February 07, 2009

Impeach Barney Frank

Will the people of Massachusetts stand up and clean house? The man responsible for our current condition continues to destroy our nation and you sit back and do nothing.

Barney Frank’s hypocrisy

Ah, the dirty little secret is out. That $700 billion TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program) bill was in part simply a variation on congressional pork - except this time the recipients were banks with friends in high places.

One of those powerful friends was Rep. Barney Frank (D-Newton), chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. And one of the recipients of a $12 million infusion of federal cash was the troubled OneUnited Bank in Boston - a bank that had already been accused of “unsafe and unsound banking practices.” Its CEO, Kevin Cohee had also been criticized by regulators for “excessive” pay that included a Porsche.

Frank admits he included language in the TARP legislation specifically designed to bail out OneUnited. He also acknowledges contacting officials at the Treasury Department about the bank’s bailout application.



Reading the comments attached to the Boston Herald article give me hope for the state. Now they need to put the words into action.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Me, Myself, And I said...

Great blog my friend. I just saw your post at Conservative Convictions and I commented on your execellent points over there as well.

We just can not support this President.
He is bound to ruin this country......

8:05 AM, February 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super!

I alsosaw your comment at Conservative Convictions and I agree with everything you said.
I could never, ever support this disastrous president, they can call me what they wish. I am not a hypocrite, I say it as I feel!
We need more people like you to speak up.

8:18 AM, February 07, 2009  
Blogger ablur said...

I will continue to battle for America. I will continue to seek out those who look to bring America back to prominence and batter down those who seek her destruction.
We have a lot of work to do.
I have visited both your blogs and am proud to know you both.
We can continue to fight this battle together.
Thanks for coming by.

8:26 AM, February 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right my friend, Some things just need to be said.

12:17 PM, February 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congressmen and Senators can't be impeached. They can however be expelled by the other members of their own house by a 2/3 vote.

In theory this should be much easier than an impeachment which requires both houses to act. In practice though, I don't think it will happen. Barney Frank happens to be in the majority party. In this case, a party that wouldn't dream of turning on one of its own, unlike the current minority party.

3:48 PM, February 07, 2009  
Blogger drjim said...

I stumbled in here from another blog, and I'm impressed!
Great job, keep it coming.
Jim

8:23 PM, February 09, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer and Chris Dodd are fascist pigs. I'd like to see the three of them sent to prison and spending the rest of their days busting rocks.

6:05 PM, April 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home