Monday, August 31, 2009

What He Said

I sat down and watched all five shows Glen Beck did last week. His presentation was spot on. He exposed issues and thoughts that had escaped me and many others. We have been over whelmed. Our government has supplied us with non stop chaos for more then a year. Our new leader has managed to accelerate the pace as a dragster comes off the line. We have seen six months of the fastest most wreckless abuse of government in the history of the United States. Our Constitution has been trampled repeatedly and no one has been punished for this gross abuse of power.
Those who have been the eyes and ears of the people have been sucked in by the current pied piper. Freedom of speech and the power of the press have almost dried up. No one has stood in the way of our government and its usurpation of power.
I cannot tell you how refreshing it was to see someone who is willing to ask the questions that we so desperately need the answers too. I have asked questions. Many I know have asked questions. Other blogs I visit ask questions. Yet, the silence is deafening. No answers are forthcoming. The press, who would carry a questions before our leaders, have only bowed and worshiped at their feet. We have been left with our questions and have only been offered ridicule.
America is rising up. Our leaders are starting to shrink in size and stature. Many of them are hiding in fear of their own employers. We cannot get answers through the traditional channels, so we are bringing our questions to them ourselves.
Let me suggest we take something along with us. Glen offered up five pledges. I suggest you go HERE and print them off. Post these for all to see because it is time that we demand answers. It is time that we demand that our representatives follow our direction and guidelines. They can choose to represent us or they can go home.

Let me list these five pledges here.
1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.
2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.
3. I believe more then four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, and coal as necessary.
4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity, power over U.S. citizens.
5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world then any other nation on the planet.

We need real leaders for our great nation!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't usually listen to Beck, Hannity or Rush, but I've seen his show and at times heard him on the radio. I don't think that wanting to live by the Constitution and keep us out of further debt are unreasonable goals. We need to stand together and show a united front to Obama and his cronies. We are the only chance America has at this point.

10:04 AM, September 01, 2009  
Blogger Right Truth said...

Real America is standing up and it's about time. I wanted to watch Glenn today, but I was so busy didn't have a chance and didn't set the DVR.

I know that his viewing audience has grown something huge, like on in every 100 viewers were watching his shows last week.

America is already sick of Obama's change...

Deborah F. Hamilton
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

6:48 PM, September 01, 2009  
Anonymous selahV said...

ablur, I've been telling my congressman face to face and emailing him these questions. I have been emailing others I know and telling them to email their congressmen too.

I want to know how much all these Czars, advisors and their staffs are costing American taxpayers. selahV

7:56 PM, September 01, 2009  
Blogger Joe said...

Glenn Beck's TV show is much better than his radio show, and I think he has been spot on, as they say.

His ratings, by the way, come at at time of day when most TV personalities would shrink from because "nobody watches" before prime time.

Yet there they are. Third highest ratings in TV and the highest cabel ratings at that hour...leading in many markets.

11:47 AM, September 02, 2009  
Blogger ablur said...

Lynne - Thanks for coming by and unloading your frustration. Could you please bring something to the table that you have a problem with so we can discuss it and perhaps either share or learn from our interaction.

The world comes in multiple shades of gray. I would love to discuss it.

7:25 PM, September 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home